Football Manager 2024 Best Free Agents
Lists of the best free agents to sign in FM24
Football Manager 2024 has dropped! As we focus on youth football, we’ve put together a list of quality free agents to sign in the new game.
FM24 has plenty of promising U-23 players that are available to pick up for nothing at the start of your saves. Scroll down to the players we’re recommending you to scout and sign on your saves this year.
Who are the best wonderkids in Football Manager 2024?
Here are the highest potential rated players in FC 24 Career Mode.
1. Erling Haaland – Manchester City – Age 22 – ST – 91 Overall/94 Potential
2. Vinicus Jr. – Real Madrid – Age 22 – LW – 89 Overall/94 Potential
3. Jamal Musiala – Bayern Munich – Age 20 – 86 Overall/93 Potential
4. Pedri – FC Barcelona – Age 20 – CM – 86 Overall/92 Potential
5. Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – SSC Napoli – Age 22 – LW/RW – 86 Overall/92 Potential
6. Florian Wirtz – Bayer Leverkusen – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 85 Overall/91 Potential
7. Jude Bellingham – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 87 Overall/91 Potential
8. Rodrygo Goes – Real Madrid – Age 22 – RW/LW/ST – 85 Overall/91 Potential
9. Gavi – FC Barcelona – Age 18 – CM/LW – 83 Overall/90 Potential
10. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – Age 21 – RW/RM – 86 Overall/90 Potential
11. Phil Foden – Manchester City – Age 23 – LW/RW – 85 Overall/90 Potential
12. Alex Balde – FC Barcelona – Age 19 – LB/RB – 81 Overall/89 Potential
13. Rasmus Hojlund – Manchester United – Age 20 – ST – 76 Overall/89 Potential
14. Gabri Veiga – Al-Ahli – Age 21 – CM/CAM – 78 Overall/89 Potential
15. Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CDM/CM/LB – 82 Overal 89 Potential
16. Enzo Fernandez – Chelsea FC- Age 22 – CM/CDM/CAM – 83 Overall/89 Potential
17. Xavi Simons – RB Leipzig – Age 20 – CAM/LW/RW – 80 Overall/89 Potential
18. William Saliba – Arsenal – Age 22 – CB – 83 Overall/89 Potential
19. Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 84 Overall/89 Potential
20. Sandro Tonali – Newcastle United – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 86 Overall/89 Potential
21. Matthijs de Ligt – Bayern Munich – Age 23 – CB – 86 Overall/89 Potential
22. Warren Zaire-Emery – Paris Saint-Germain – Age 17 – CM/CDM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
23. Antonio Silva – SL Benfica- Age 19 – CB – 78 Overall/88 Potential
24. Fabio Miretti – Juventus – Age 19 – CM/CAM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
25. Alejandro Garnacho – Manchester United – Age 19 – LW/LM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
26. Ansu Fati – Age 20 – Brighton – LW/ST – 78 Overall/88 Potential
The older brother of Carney, the exciting Chelsea prospect, Caleb Chukwuemeka would be a good pick up for plenty of clubs on FM24. He’s been on loan in Scotland and League Two but is now without a club after his release from Aston Villa.
In terms of ability, Chukwuemeka would fit in at a National League level, the fifth tier of English football. He has the size and athleticism to be an impactful forward for teams seeking to break into the Football League. His wages should be manageable, too.
There was a point in time where Tanguy Coulibaly looked like a legit talent. With well over 50 Bundesliga appearances to his name, he looked an exciting prospect at VfB Stuttgart before gradually falling out of favour and leaving at the end of his contract.
His FM24 profile is an exciting one too, especially considering you can pick him up for nothing. He’s good enough to be a more than useful option for clubs in Ligue 1, for instance, and has the qualities to star for sides in lower-level leagues.
Another winger worth having a look at is Ibrahima Dramé. He hasn’t quite cut it in European football since making the move from his native Senegal, where he came through the prolific Diambars academy.
Nevertheless, he has the qualities – speed and dribbling ability, mainly – to be a great little acquisition for clubs in the lower-level leagues across the continent. Scandinavia makes sense, as does Eastern Europe and the second-tiers of the bigger nations.
Note: You will probably need to play with a large database to find Dramé.
Bobby Duncan has moved around a lot in his young career already. Wigan, Manchester City and Liverpool in England, then an ambitious move to Fiorentina, before returning to Derby and spending a spell in Spain. It’s easy to forget that he was a highly-rated goalscorer on Merseyside and a regular at international level for England.
Now 22 years old, he needs to settle down somewhere – and that could be the National League. If you’re looking for a poacher, an instinctive scorer, then Duncan is a good bet.
The son of legendary Ruud, Maxim Gullit had been ploughing his own furrow in Dutch football at AZ Alkmaar up until a move to SC Cambuur, where he played eight times before being released.
Tall, athletic, a decent defender and left-footed, Gullit Jr. would be a worthwhile pick up for those managing in the Dutch second division – where he’s played most of his football with AZ’s B team – or equivalent levels across Europe.
Another winger on this list, Nemanja Jović has over 75 appearances for Belgrade giants Partizan and two full senior caps for Serbia to his name – yet finds himself without a club at the start of FM24.
He’d be a great pick up for teams in mid-level leagues across the continent. His skillset is suited to an inside forward role off the left, angling onto his string right foot with dribbles and shots. You should be able to haggle him down to a €300,000 per annum contract.
If you’ve never heard of Raphael Lea’i, you’re not a proper Football Manager fanatic. The striker has been the stuff of legend in recent years, popularised by OldZealand of YouTube fame and his astonishing 80-goals-in-40-games record in his native Solomon Islands.
He actually made the move to Europe at the start of 2023, joining Velež Mostar in Bosnia-Herzegovina’s top division, but has already left having struggled to settle in the Balkans. He remains an iconic option for clubs around that level.
Remember that debut goal against Manchester United? A local hero was born in a swing of the right foot. But even since then, Matty Longstaff hasn’t hit anywhere near those heights. A series of loans has seen him drop down the levels year on year, ending in his release.
Now 23 years old, Longstaff is an extremely average athlete yet has the attributes to be a decent little water-carrier for clubs in the lower reaches of English football. He’d be a solid squad option or stop gap for plenty of sides.
Olympique Lyonnais, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona – Kays Ruiz-Atil led a storied youth career, even playing a handful of senior games at PSG. Then he moved to Auxerre, failed to make a mark, and now he’s out of contract
Still, the talent is there. He possesses the right set of attributes to be a real creative force in a Ligue 2 team, for instance, particularly if you’re willing to surround him with players that will do his dirty work. Consult him for some technical spark.
A breakout talent in the 2020 Allsvenskan season, Aimar Sher earned a milestone move to data-driven Spezia a couple of years later. It was too much too soon, though, and he quickly got lost in relegation battles, before being released upon their drop into Serie B this summer.
Get his career back on track by giving him a first-team role at a much more manageable level. He has a fairly rounded skillset that can fulfil different briefs too, making him a versatile option. The talent is there, it’s just about coaxing it out.
Looking for some more FM 24 Free Agents?
Here are some more of the best free players of all ages and with the best current ability:
1. David De Gea – Age 32 – Goalkeeper – Last Club: Manchester United
2. Arturo Vidal – Age 36 – Central Midfielder
3. Timo Horn – Age 30 – Goalkeeper
4. Shkodran Mustafi – Age 31 – Centre Back
What are Football Manager bargains?
A bargain depends on the circumstances in which your managing on FM24. A bargain for Arsenal is different to a bargain for Aldershot, for instance. Nevertheless, we define a bargain as a deal that falls significantly below the player’s true value, be it in terms of ability or potential.
How do you search for bargains on FM24?
You should start by browsing our website. We have countless profiles – both extensive and brief – one some of the best emerging talents from across world football.
We will be your external scout, and scouts are equally important in the game. Building up a good core of talent-spotters and recruitment analysts should be a priority when building your club. No scouts on the search, no wonderkids.
How do you develop bargains on FM24?
As always, pathways are paramount. You have to make sure that your youngsters have access to meaningful minutes at the appropriate levels. If you have a first-team ready talent, phase him into the team gradually, during pre-season ideally.
If your prospect needs a bit more polishing, the loan system is a valuable tool. But pathways to senior level minutes are key. Assess your youngsters on a case-by-case basis, decide what they need, and enact your decision.
How do you loan out young players on FM24?
Loans are an important tool in youth development, and they can be difficult to get right. It’s all about accurately assessing the levels your prospects can play at, then finding suitable environment for them to develop in. It’s especially important you consider the styles and shapes teams play, and league style is a factor too.
How do you sign young players on FM24?
Squad planning is crucial. Check your depth charts, keep your shortlits updated, sort them by position even, and assess which areas you need to strengthen. Once you’ve done that, you can start signing young players that fit your demands.
Work to your budgets as well – don’t overstretch your club’s financial capabilities.
How do you sell young players on FM24?
Again, squad planning is key. Making sure your young players are playing, whether at your club or elsewhere, is important; more minutes increases their value. Sell at the right time too, set a defined policy and stick to it.
Don’t be afraid to sell young players too. If you haven’t got the right pathway for them, move them on to generate even more profits and reinvest in the squad or club.
Nemanja Jović is one of the best free agents in Football Manager 2024.
The best way is to search for players and use a filter to find free agents who have earned one or more caps at senior international level.
Aimar Sher, Kays Ruiz-Atil and Tanguy Coulibaly are three free agents you should sign on Football Manager 2024.