Football Manager 2024 Best Left Wingers
Some of our favourite left wingers to sign in Football Manager 2024
Youth football and Football Manager – name a better combo. Luckily for you, we’re experts in both. We’ve combined both to compile a list of the young left wingers that you should start scouting on your Football Manager 2024 saves.
These aren’t exclusively the “best” but they’re intriguing prospects for clubs across the spectrum of football, available at a range of prices. They’re players that we like in real-life that look really good in FM24 too.
Who are the best wonderkids in Football Manager 2024?
Here are the highest potential rated players in FC 24 Career Mode.
1. Erling Haaland – Manchester City – Age 22 – ST – 91 Overall/94 Potential
2. Vinicus Jr. – Real Madrid – Age 22 – LW – 89 Overall/94 Potential
3. Jamal Musiala – Bayern Munich – Age 20 – 86 Overall/93 Potential
4. Pedri – FC Barcelona – Age 20 – CM – 86 Overall/92 Potential
5. Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – SSC Napoli – Age 22 – LW/RW – 86 Overall/92 Potential
6. Florian Wirtz – Bayer Leverkusen – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 85 Overall/91 Potential
7. Jude Bellingham – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 87 Overall/91 Potential
8. Rodrygo Goes – Real Madrid – Age 22 – RW/LW/ST – 85 Overall/91 Potential
9. Gavi – FC Barcelona – Age 18 – CM/LW – 83 Overall/90 Potential
10. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – Age 21 – RW/RM – 86 Overall/90 Potential
11. Phil Foden – Manchester City – Age 23 – LW/RW – 85 Overall/90 Potential
12. Alex Balde – FC Barcelona – Age 19 – LB/RB – 81 Overall/89 Potential
13. Rasmus Hojlund – Manchester United – Age 20 – ST – 76 Overall/89 Potential
14. Gabri Veiga – Al-Ahli – Age 21 – CM/CAM – 78 Overall/89 Potential
15. Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CDM/CM/LB – 82 Overal 89 Potential
16. Enzo Fernandez – Chelsea FC- Age 22 – CM/CDM/CAM – 83 Overall/89 Potential
17. Xavi Simons – RB Leipzig – Age 20 – CAM/LW/RW – 80 Overall/89 Potential
18. William Saliba – Arsenal – Age 22 – CB – 83 Overall/89 Potential
19. Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 84 Overall/89 Potential
20. Sandro Tonali – Newcastle United – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 86 Overall/89 Potential
21. Matthijs de Ligt – Bayern Munich – Age 23 – CB – 86 Overall/89 Potential
22. Warren Zaire-Emery – Paris Saint-Germain – Age 17 – CM/CDM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
23. Antonio Silva – SL Benfica- Age 19 – CB – 78 Overall/88 Potential
24. Fabio Miretti – Juventus – Age 19 – CM/CAM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
25. Alejandro Garnacho – Manchester United – Age 19 – LW/LM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
26. Ansu Fati – Age 20 – Brighton – LW/ST – 78 Overall/88 Potential
There’s only been one thing derailing Jamie Bynoe-Gittens burgeoning young career so far: persistent injuries. While he’s struggled with his shoulder, he’s also shown his high-level potential for Borussia Dortmund and England youth international teams.
One look at his stats in FM24 and you can see what Bynoe-Gittens is all about. He’s fast and can dribble. He’s certainly lacking in other areas with his physicality and work rate, but, with the right physical development, he has the top-level attribute to be a proper game inverted winger.
Assane Diao’s first baby steps into LaLiga with Real Betis have been extremely fruitful, with three goals in his first six senior appearances. Diao is a dynamic player that’s comfortable across the front line, but prefers cutting inside off the left onto his favoured right foot.
His starting physical stats as a 17-year-old are extraordinary. With no attribute lower than 13, plus a height of 1.85 metres, the makings of a proper bruising left winger are there. Some work on his finishing and first touch should help round him out, and with an expiring contract in 2024 he should be a pretty accessible signing for most top-flight teams.
Vélez Sarsfield’s Gianluca Prestianni has taken Argentina by storm in 2023, presenting as one of the next great hopes of the Argentinian national team. Naturally, this means that Europe’s biggest clubs are snooping around… but they haven’t got there yet.
Prestianni is a really solid development option. He probably doesn’t have the outright ability to come in and have a big impact at a top-five league club straight away, but he has the makings of something special with his wonderfully balanced mental attributes and promising physical and technical ones. Whether it’s to park him on loan or use him now, he’s worth the fee.
Mathys Tel has quickly warmed to his role as super sub for Bayern Münhen in 2023/24. The former Stade Rennais attacker is an exuberant, dynamic threat in all phases that can beat the opposition with his speed, strength, technique and lethal edge in the final third.
His attributes in FM24 look extraordinary, before even considering that he’s still just 18. A balanced mix of physical attributes is matched up with an equally balanced technical skillset and highly developed mental attributes. He’s the all-rounder of an FM players’ dreams… but he doesn’t come cheap.
What roles can left wingers play in Football Manager 2024?
The Left Winger is a versatile position that can dictate the shape of your attack. From the classic Winger role to the Inside Forward that looks to score, the space exploiting Raumdeuter, and everything in between, there are plenty of options:
- Inverted Winger
- Inside Forward
- Advanced Playmaker
- Wide Target Man
We’ll start with the Winger and Inverted Winger roles, which are very similar. The former stays wide, looking to beat his man and get crosses into the box. The Attack mentality will make him hit the byline more often.
The Inverted Winger is similar, although they look to drive inside, allowing a wing-back to overlap. On attack duty, they will look to be more aggressive attacking the defensive line, rather than look to run across it.
The Advanced Playmaker will be a creative hub from wider areas. You have the flexibility to instruct them to do different things, be it sticking wider or tucking inside to create overloads.
The Trequartista role isn’t dissimilar to the Advanced Playmaker, although they commit less effort to the defensive side of the game. They’re more like the traditional number 10, the player that the rest of the team carries out of possession.
As noted in the game, the Raumdeuter is literally the German word for ‘space investigator’. Basically, they will look to find spaces in wide areas and especially in the penalty area. Essentially they’re a wide poacher.
The Wide Target Forward is another pretty self-explanatory one. They’ll park themselves out wide on a smaller full-back and become an outlet for your defence to play out to, before controlling the ball and moving it on to the team’s other attacking players.
Lastly, there’s the ultra-attacking Inside Forward, a FM favourite. The Inside Forward isn’t dissimilar to the Inverted Winger, but they will cross much less and instead look to be really aggressive with inside runs with and without the ball.
While the Inverted Winger likes to pick up the ball out wide, the Inside Forward is happy to make runs to pick the ball up in the half-space. On the Support duty, they will look to play through balls from deep and take long shots, while on Attack duty they will be more aggressive in attacking the box.
What attributes are important for left wingers in Football Manager 2024?
There are three main categories of Left Winger in FM23: playmaking roles, attacking roles, and winger roles.
Let’s start with the playmaking roles: Trequartista and Advanced Playmaker. At a base level, these roles require your player to have good dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, vision and decision-making, flair, composure and anticipation attributes. The Trequartista will require the same attributes, but also some acceleration and finishing for those late runs into the penalty area.
The winger roles? Winger and Inverted Winger are quite similar. They require acceleration, stamina, pace, and agility as baseline physical attributes, while crossing, dribbling, work rate, technique and off-ball movement are also important. Some flair will also be required if you are looking to play them on an Attack duty.
Lastly, there are the attacking roles: Raumdeuter, Wide Target Forward and Inside Forward. They’re all a little bit different – for example, the Wide Target Forward will require height, jumping reach, balance, stamina and strength as physical attributes. Heading is another obvious prerequisite, but they’ll also need other more standard winger attributes like crossing, first touch, off the ball movement, work rate, and so on.
The Inside Forward is not too dissimilar to the Inverted Winger, but with their added increase on attacking the penalty area, they trade the Inverted Winger’s need to be able to cross for finishing.
Lastly, there’s the Raumdeuter. The headline key attributes mental ones: anticipation, concentration, off the ball movement, work rate, decision-making and composure. They’ll need these to be able to follow the play and execute runs and actions with perfect timing to be most effective. Finishing, first touch, technique, work rate, acceleration, stamina and balance are also important.
PSG’s Kylian Mbappé – also capable of playing as a striker – is hands down the best left winger in Football Manager 2024.
Antonio Nusa is one of the best young left wingers in Football Manager 2024.
Real Betis’ Assane Diao is excellent value for money given his €9 million release clause.