Football Manager 2024 Best Goalkeepers
Some of our favourite goalkeepers to sign in Football Manager 2024
We cover youth football and we love Football Manager. We’ve combined both to compile a list of the young goalkeepers that you should start scouting on your Football Manager 2024 saves.
These aren’t necessarily “best” but they’re interesting prospects for clubs across the spectrum of football, available at a range of prices. They’re players that we like in real-life that look good in FM24.
Who are the best wonderkids in Football Manager 2024?
Here are the highest potential rated players in FC 24 Career Mode.
1. Erling Haaland – Manchester City – Age 22 – ST – 91 Overall/94 Potential
2. Vinicus Jr. – Real Madrid – Age 22 – LW – 89 Overall/94 Potential
3. Jamal Musiala – Bayern Munich – Age 20 – 86 Overall/93 Potential
4. Pedri – FC Barcelona – Age 20 – CM – 86 Overall/92 Potential
5. Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – SSC Napoli – Age 22 – LW/RW – 86 Overall/92 Potential
6. Florian Wirtz – Bayer Leverkusen – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 85 Overall/91 Potential
7. Jude Bellingham – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 87 Overall/91 Potential
8. Rodrygo Goes – Real Madrid – Age 22 – RW/LW/ST – 85 Overall/91 Potential
9. Gavi – FC Barcelona – Age 18 – CM/LW – 83 Overall/90 Potential
10. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – Age 21 – RW/RM – 86 Overall/90 Potential
11. Phil Foden – Manchester City – Age 23 – LW/RW – 85 Overall/90 Potential
12. Alex Balde – FC Barcelona – Age 19 – LB/RB – 81 Overall/89 Potential
13. Rasmus Hojlund – Manchester United – Age 20 – ST – 76 Overall/89 Potential
14. Gabri Veiga – Al-Ahli – Age 21 – CM/CAM – 78 Overall/89 Potential
15. Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CDM/CM/LB – 82 Overal 89 Potential
16. Enzo Fernandez – Chelsea FC- Age 22 – CM/CDM/CAM – 83 Overall/89 Potential
17. Xavi Simons – RB Leipzig – Age 20 – CAM/LW/RW – 80 Overall/89 Potential
18. William Saliba – Arsenal – Age 22 – CB – 83 Overall/89 Potential
19. Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 84 Overall/89 Potential
20. Sandro Tonali – Newcastle United – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 86 Overall/89 Potential
21. Matthijs de Ligt – Bayern Munich – Age 23 – CB – 86 Overall/89 Potential
22. Warren Zaire-Emery – Paris Saint-Germain – Age 17 – CM/CDM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
23. Antonio Silva – SL Benfica- Age 19 – CB – 78 Overall/88 Potential
24. Fabio Miretti – Juventus – Age 19 – CM/CAM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
25. Alejandro Garnacho – Manchester United – Age 19 – LW/LM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
26. Ansu Fati – Age 20 – Brighton – LW/ST – 78 Overall/88 Potential
If you’re looking for an affordable sweeper ‘keeper, Gil Vicente’s Andrew is an excellent option. He’s quick off his line, a great one-v-one shot-stopper, and has a vast range of passing to boot.
What he lacks in conventional goalkeeper attributes – notably commanding his own box – he makes up for in the more modern aspects of the role. You can get him for about €5 million at the start of your saves, making him an attainable target for almost every top-five league club.
Having served a long apprenticeship on loan at Cremonese, Marco Carnesecchi has returned to Atalanta this season to provide competition for their incumbent number one, Juan Musso.
For teams that don’t place too much emphasis on a goalkeeper’s ball-playing ability, the Italy U-21 international is one of the strongest options on the market. He’s a really good shot-stopper that commands his box well and stays focused for the full ninety. Get him if he can’t break through in Bergamo. €7 million is a bargain.
Giorgi Mamardashvili has been a Football Manager favourite for a couple of editions now. Long gone are the days of picking him up for a measly six-figure fee, though – now you have to fork out a record sum to sign the big Georgian.
Nevertheless, the 23-year-old should be a leading option if you’re trying to fill the goalkeeper slot at your club. There’s room to improve his mental attributes, but the technical and physical aspects of his game are top notch. He’s a rock-solid long-term goalkeeper.
Starting games in goal as a teenager in a top-five league will get you noticed, and that’s exactly what Guillaume Restes is doing. Following in the footsteps of Alban Lafont at Toulouse, the 18-year-old is a regular in Ligue 1 and impressing in the process.
His FM24 profile is a very promising one. His attributes are remarkably rounded for a player of his age. Restes has great reflexes already and the rest of his game has the basis to develop quickly. He lacks a bit of presence in his own box but makes up for it in other areas. Toulouse will want a big fee straight away, so look to play the long(er) game.
A Football Manager favourite since his debut in FM23, Dennis Seimen looks like one of the best young goalkeepers on FM24. He starts out as a regular for Stuttgart’s B team at the start of your save.
At 17 years old, Seimen has a very solid platform of attributes already. All of his technical attributes for a Sweeper Keeper role are at 10 or above, and the same can be said of his mental and physical traits too. He’s the perfect option for big clubs looking for a long-term goalkeeper.
If you’re looking for a goalkeeper to play a key role in your possession-based team, there are few better (or more affordable) options than Kacper Tobiasz. The Legia Warszawa shot-stopper is a standout on FM24.
What’s particularly impressive? His 16 rating for passing, which is better than most midfielders! As a goalkeeper, Tobiasz is a pretty solid one overall, capable of controlling his box, coming off his line and saving shots. He’s worth a shot for plenty of clubs at just €3 million.
What roles can goalkeepers play in Football Manager 2024?
There are just two Goalkeeper roles in FM23: Sweeper Keeper and Goalkeeper.
The Goalkeeper role is exactly what it says on the box; their role is to stay in their penalty area, largely on their goal line, with their sole focus being on shot-stopping and claiming crosses, while playing simple balls out when they receive possession.
The Sweeper Keeper role is much more expansive. They will look to fulfil the role of the Goalkeeper, but also look to be much more aggressive as a distributor, while also playing close attention to the space in front of him, looking to cut out balls in behind the defence.
The Sweeper Keeper role can be played on Defend, Support or Attack duty, with each varying the amount of risk and the aggressiveness your Sweeper Keeper will play with.
What attributes are important for goalkeepers in Football Manager 2024?
Goalkeepers require all the basic technical attributes for the role: one on ones, reflexes, throwing, kicking, handling, aerial reach, communication, and command of his area. Other than that, there are only a few other key areas: agility, decision-making, positioning, concentration and anticipation.
Sweeper Keepers will need an extra layer on top of these: composure, first touch, passing, a high rushing out tendency, vision and acceleration.
Alisson is the best goalkeeper in Football Manager 2024, closely followed by the likes of Ederson, Thibaut Courtois and Marc-André Ter Stegen
Giorgi Mamardashvili is one of the best young goalkeepers in Football Manager 2024, as are Marco Carnesecchi and Guillaume Restes.
We recommend signing Andrew from Gil Vicente on Football Manager 2024.