Football Manager 2024 Best Director of Football
Lists of the best directors of football in Football Manager 2024
We cover youth football and we love Football Manager. On this page, we’ve compiled some of the best Directors of Football in Football Manager 2024. Get on in to bolster you recruitment team and streamline the management of your club.
Who are the best wonderkids in Football Manager 2024?
Here are the highest potential rated players in FC 24 Career Mode.
1. Erling Haaland – Manchester City – Age 22 – ST – 91 Overall/94 Potential
2. Vinicus Jr. – Real Madrid – Age 22 – LW – 89 Overall/94 Potential
3. Jamal Musiala – Bayern Munich – Age 20 – 86 Overall/93 Potential
4. Pedri – FC Barcelona – Age 20 – CM – 86 Overall/92 Potential
5. Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – SSC Napoli – Age 22 – LW/RW – 86 Overall/92 Potential
6. Florian Wirtz – Bayer Leverkusen – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 85 Overall/91 Potential
7. Jude Bellingham – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 87 Overall/91 Potential
8. Rodrygo Goes – Real Madrid – Age 22 – RW/LW/ST – 85 Overall/91 Potential
9. Gavi – FC Barcelona – Age 18 – CM/LW – 83 Overall/90 Potential
10. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – Age 21 – RW/RM – 86 Overall/90 Potential
11. Phil Foden – Manchester City – Age 23 – LW/RW – 85 Overall/90 Potential
12. Alex Balde – FC Barcelona – Age 19 – LB/RB – 81 Overall/89 Potential
13. Rasmus Hojlund – Manchester United – Age 20 – ST – 76 Overall/89 Potential
14. Gabri Veiga – Al-Ahli – Age 21 – CM/CAM – 78 Overall/89 Potential
15. Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CDM/CM/LB – 82 Overal 89 Potential
16. Enzo Fernandez – Chelsea FC- Age 22 – CM/CDM/CAM – 83 Overall/89 Potential
17. Xavi Simons – RB Leipzig – Age 20 – CAM/LW/RW – 80 Overall/89 Potential
18. William Saliba – Arsenal – Age 22 – CB – 83 Overall/89 Potential
19. Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 84 Overall/89 Potential
20. Sandro Tonali – Newcastle United – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 86 Overall/89 Potential
21. Matthijs de Ligt – Bayern Munich – Age 23 – CB – 86 Overall/89 Potential
22. Warren Zaire-Emery – Paris Saint-Germain – Age 17 – CM/CDM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
23. Antonio Silva – SL Benfica- Age 19 – CB – 78 Overall/88 Potential
24. Fabio Miretti – Juventus – Age 19 – CM/CAM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
25. Alejandro Garnacho – Manchester United – Age 19 – LW/LM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
26. Ansu Fati – Age 20 – Brighton – LW/ST – 78 Overall/88 Potential
After a journeyman career in Germany playing at lower levels, Marcus Mann rose up the ranks quickly as a director of football, moving from Saarbrücken to Hoffenheim (as head of youth development) and then to Hannover in the space of a season in 2020/21.
He is probably the best cheap option available, despite his €2.2 million compensation clubs, and he doesn’t lack any quality either. Furthermore, his two star reputation means he should be quite attainable for lower level clubs that can afford him.
Borussia Mönchengladbach’s long-time director of football is now a free agent. He is slightly on the costlier side, with a €20,000 per week wage — and 3.5 star reputation — meaning he’ll probably only be a good fit for the bigger clubs.
But you get what you pay for, he is one of the best DoFs in the game with his speciality being his Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential attributes.
We feel like Aurelio Pereira might just be the most popular Director of Football pick in the game. That’s primarily due to one thing above all else, his extensive knowledge of a huge array of countries. From Brazil, Colombia and Argentina, to England, France, Spain and beyond, he has a broad knowledge base.
The main stumbling block is the 4 star reputation attached to Pereira, which means you’ll need to develop your club before he is willing to join you if you’re starting at a lower level.
After a two decade affiliation with Juventus as a player and director, Pavel Nedved is one of the best unemployed potential DoFs in the game. While his 4 star reputation is a stumbling block, nothing else really should be.
He is fairly affordable, has all the right attributes, the model professional personality, and extensive knowledge of Italy, Czechia and Slovakia.
How important are directors of football in Football Manager 2024?
It is obviously one of the stranger aspects of Football Manager 2024 that the manager is the person that hires the director of football, and not vice versa. Your role in FM24 is essentially as both the manager and director of football of your club.
Alas, your director of football can help you speedrun the game, by helping you with the following: initial contract negotiations and then negotiating contract renewals, recruitment for the first team and/or reserve/youth team, arranging loans, managing scouts and assignments, attending press conferences, and so on.
Essentially, their role can be just about as big or small as you want. The game gives you a lot of flexibility to play as you would like: DoFs can be your transfer market guru spotting young talent, or they can simply be a shortcut to renewing staff contracts.
Conversely, you can put your director of football in charge of finding good deals on youngsters and wonderkids, and either give yourself (or them) the final say on whether the deal is made.
What does a director of football do in Football Manager 2024?
This will depend on what you want them to do. If you want them to take press conferences, mental attributes such as people management will be important.
If your DoF is signing players, then their negotiating skills, and judging player current ability and judging player potential attributes will be crucial.
Some DoFs will also have tendencies, such as Manchester City’s Txiki Begiristan, who has a tendency to ‘sign many youth players’ and ‘sign a lot of young players to turn a profit on them’.
Newgen directors of football in Football Manager 2024
There are not many great directors of football that are free agents in Football Manager 24. But the game almost always loads up with lots of really good regen options that have the ability to be great options for top clubs.
A lot of them will have 18+ ratings in the key attributes: negotiating. judging player ability and judging player potential. These will generally set you back somewhere in the vicinity of €30,000 p/w, but are worth every penny if you intend to make full utilisation of your DoF.
And above all, you will not need to pay Sevilla the €6 million compensation fee they want for Monchi, for example.
Max Eberl is one of the best directors of football in Football Manager 2024 at the start of your saves.
Make the most of the staff search tool, where you can specify your searches to suits your specific needs. Set the minimum judging ability/potential attributes to 17 tio find some of the best Directors of Football in the game.