Football Manager 2024 Best Assistant Managers
Lists of the best assistant managersin Football Manager 2024
Assistant managers are crucial members of your Football Manager 2024 backroom staff. You need to find one with the required skills to aid you in a number of different aspects, from team talks to player assessments. This page focuses on some of the best.
Who are the best wonderkids in Football Manager 2024?
Here are the highest potential rated players in FC 24 Career Mode.
1. Erling Haaland – Manchester City – Age 22 – ST – 91 Overall/94 Potential
2. Vinicus Jr. – Real Madrid – Age 22 – LW – 89 Overall/94 Potential
3. Jamal Musiala – Bayern Munich – Age 20 – 86 Overall/93 Potential
4. Pedri – FC Barcelona – Age 20 – CM – 86 Overall/92 Potential
5. Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – SSC Napoli – Age 22 – LW/RW – 86 Overall/92 Potential
6. Florian Wirtz – Bayer Leverkusen – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 85 Overall/91 Potential
7. Jude Bellingham – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CAM/CM – 87 Overall/91 Potential
8. Rodrygo Goes – Real Madrid – Age 22 – RW/LW/ST – 85 Overall/91 Potential
9. Gavi – FC Barcelona – Age 18 – CM/LW – 83 Overall/90 Potential
10. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – Age 21 – RW/RM – 86 Overall/90 Potential
11. Phil Foden – Manchester City – Age 23 – LW/RW – 85 Overall/90 Potential
12. Alex Balde – FC Barcelona – Age 19 – LB/RB – 81 Overall/89 Potential
13. Rasmus Hojlund – Manchester United – Age 20 – ST – 76 Overall/89 Potential
14. Gabri Veiga – Al-Ahli – Age 21 – CM/CAM – 78 Overall/89 Potential
15. Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – Age 20 – CDM/CM/LB – 82 Overal 89 Potential
16. Enzo Fernandez – Chelsea FC- Age 22 – CM/CDM/CAM – 83 Overall/89 Potential
17. Xavi Simons – RB Leipzig – Age 20 – CAM/LW/RW – 80 Overall/89 Potential
18. William Saliba – Arsenal – Age 22 – CB – 83 Overall/89 Potential
19. Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 84 Overall/89 Potential
20. Sandro Tonali – Newcastle United – Age 23 – CDM/CM – 86 Overall/89 Potential
21. Matthijs de Ligt – Bayern Munich – Age 23 – CB – 86 Overall/89 Potential
22. Warren Zaire-Emery – Paris Saint-Germain – Age 17 – CM/CDM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
23. Antonio Silva – SL Benfica- Age 19 – CB – 78 Overall/88 Potential
24. Fabio Miretti – Juventus – Age 19 – CM/CAM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
25. Alejandro Garnacho – Manchester United – Age 19 – LW/LM – 75 Overall/88 Potential
26. Ansu Fati – Age 20 – Brighton – LW/ST – 78 Overall/88 Potential
After a long affiliation with Bayern Munich, Hermann Gerland left the Bundesliga champions in 2021. To start, he has decent coaching attributes to take charge of a few different roles in training alongside his assistant managerial position, with fitness being his strongest.
As an experienced coach and head of youth development, Gerland can play many roles across your club, including as assistant manager. With no compensation fee required and a very affordable wage, , he is a great cheap and easily attainable option to add to your staff.
74-year-old Brian Kidd ended a more than 10-year affiliation with Manchester City in 2021, filling in at various roles, including as a caretaker manager in 2013. His preference is to join your club as a coach.
He’s a great assistant manager option too, although he will ask for a pretty hefty wage in that role. However, he’s a good candidate that fills the necessary attributes for the role, plus provides excellent training coverage for defensive, mental, technical or attacking coaching.
Former Bayer Leverkusen head of youth development Helmut Jungheim is unemployed at the start of your FM24 save, and he comes with an impressive array of stats for multiple staff roles, including as an assistant manager.
With a 2.5 star reputation and wages around €2,300 to sign as an assistant manager, he is a great option for clubs working on a budget. His attributes aren’t incredible for multiple coaching roles, but his high mental attribute means you can fill him into a possession coaching slot.
A mid-level wage, 2 star reputation, and solid blend of attributes for the assistant manager positions makes Antonio Natal a really interesting option for many clubs in FM24. The Portuguese coach has been around the traps, with many fitness roles at clubs in Portugal, China and Egypt.
And it’s that role as a fitness coach that he can double up in to cover in training, as well as fulfilling his duty as assistant manager. He is probably worth the wage premium if you really need him in that role as fitness coach as well.
If you are a low-level club that can put the money together to get Edd Vahid into your team, you should target Southampton’s former Head of Youth Development. A solid trainer as well as people manager, he probably has one of the best collection of assistant manager stats in the game.
€15,000 per week is on the pricier side for a lower level club, since you have to pay a premium to make him want to join your club as an assistant manager, but his two star reputation means he is attainable and he would definitely be worth bringing into your team.
How important are assistant managers in Football Manager 2024?
Your assistant manager in Football Manager 2024 is your right-hand man. You can give him as much, or as little responsibility as you want, making him either a crucial, or simply a fairly important member of your staff.
There are around 100 tasks that can be delegated in FM23, from team talks and press conferences, to handling team selection and training, to handling signings, sales and loans.
And, of course, you want them to be able to be useful on the training ground as well, meaning that your assistant manager will need to be useful as a goalkeeping, defending, attacking, possession, or fitness coach.
Lastly, good judging player ability and judging player potential attributes are essential for them to evaluate players within your club.
How do you find the best assistant managers in Football Manager 2024?
The quickest way to do so is by utilising the staff search tool, which you can find on the left-hand side of the screen. By using that tool, you can specify your search by multiple different variables to suit your needs. Add them to your shortslists too.
Another good tip to find the best assistant managers in FM24 is by cycling through club and national teams’ backroom staff. The best coaches will often be with the best teams.
How do you change assistant managers' responsibilities in Football Manager 2024?
You can change staff responsibilities in the staff section, under the responsibilities tab. responsibilities can be delegated to other stuff too, not just your assistant manager.
You can pick and choose which responsibilities you want your assistant(s) to take over. Want to micro-manage? Don’t delegate anything. Prefer to focus on playing game? Then delegate team talks, press conferences and training to your assistant.
Brian Kidd is one of the best assistant managers in Football Manager 2024.
Make the most of the staff search tool, where you can specify your searches to suits your specific needs. Another tip is cycle through the best clubs and national teams to find some of the best assistant managers (and coaches) around.